We work hard to be the type of business where everyone wants to work. We know that in today’s competitive marketplace, you have many options. That’s why we offer attractive incentives and a respectful work environment that fosters, recognizes and rewards employee performance.
CRG Core Values
Our values are the backbone of our Company, and we strive to ensure our business reflects these principles daily.
- Customer comes first
- Our community deserves world class standards
- Responsibility to our community & environment
- Empowering our people & passion about what you do
We uphold these principles in all dealings with employees, customers, suppliers and business partners.Our Company has over 700 employees and we are still growing!
Most of our employees work in Foodland supermarkets, though there are a small number working in Banana Blue, Youthinc and in CRG’s Head Office.
We are committed to maintaining an environment that encourages creative thinking, open communication and the ability to get things done. We provide a motivated work environment that enables employees to perform at their best.
We offer many incentives to attract, acknowledge, and retain employees:
- Fantastic team environment and culture
- Exceptionally supportive workplace
- Recognition of the importance of work/life balance
- A wealth of experienced employees to help with any problems or questions
- Professional approach
- Rewarding environment
- Open and honest communication
- A leadership team which is passionate about our business and people.
We operate under a number of different industrial Awards
- Chapley Retail Agreement 2003
- Fairview Workplace Agreement 2009
- General Retail Award 2010
- Clerks Private Sector Award 2010
- Common Law Contracts
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Access to voluntary superannuation
- Salary Sacrifice
- Generous leave entitlements including access to purchased leave, retirement transition
Training Plan (reviewed annually):
- First-aid, Forklift, Armed Hold Up, and many more …
- Health & Safety Training
- Equal Opportunity Training
- Duty Manager Training
- Cert 2, 3 or 4 in Retail Operations
- Cert 2, 3, 4 or Diploma in Business Administration / Management
- Potential Leaders Program
- Managers Leadership Development Program
- Individual Mentoring Program
- Apprenticeships in Baking, Butchering
- Traineeship in Administration
- We are a proud Company with a wonderful history and great customers. We have developed a program that acknowledges staff who go that extra mile to ensure that our customers are satisfied daily. It’s purpose is to support and credit individual accomplishments and to encourage achievement.
- Performance Excellence is recognized in many ways, through customer service, innovation and sustained performance. We show our appreciation to staff by formally recognizing their efforts with a Certificate of Appreciation and a gift from our CRG Gifts & Hospitality Register.
- For the first time ever, we have this year included Awards for: Performance Excellence – Manager of the Year; Performance Achievement – Best in Store; and Performance Recognition – sustained effort.
- Discretionary bonus payments are also made each year Departmental Managers and above in acknowledge of their performance contribution.
- All employees receive a personal gift from the CRG Director at Christmas.
- We offer a diversity of career paths to grow your career. There are many opportunities to grow personally and professionally demonstrated by the fact that almost 80% of store managers are promoted from within.
- Continued learning is an opportunity for employees to gain new knowledge and skills, for enrichment, preparation to meet future organizational needs and to ensure that we meet our corporate strategic goals. We recognise the future growth of our business is in the hands of our people:
- Our Managers Leadership Development Program teaches our senior mangers the skills needed to help our Company to go from good to great and achieve its goals in the fastest possible time.
- Our Potential Leaders Program is designed to develop talented assistant managers / managers so they can drive our business and serve our customers into the future.
- Our Corporate Retail Training Program delivers excellent workshops on a range of topics that contribute to the ongoing development of our people and Company success.
Want to know more, please call the Human Resources Department on 08 8132 7800.